- We encourage our visitors to wear face coverings in our indoor spaces.
- We have limited the number of people visiting the zoo so we can maintain social distancing. Tickets must be purchased online to guarantee entry during weekends and school holidays.
- Protective screens have been installed at staff interaction points.
- Outdoor play areas are open with new hand sanitiser stations installed. The play equipment is cleaned regularly through the day.
- We have enhanced cleaning and disinfecting schedules across the park, including toilets, high touch areas, picnic tables, hand rails and seating.
- We encourage regular hand washing at our many hand sanitiser stations and hand wash facilities around the zoo.
- We ask that everyone respect other visitors and our staff's personal space by continuing to socially distance.
- Where possible, we’re asking visitors to pay by contactless card or phone if possible.
- We’ve introduced a series of Podcast Talks that you can listen to at your own pace by simply searching for Blackpool Zoo on your favourite podcast app.
- We are respectfully asking visitors who are showing symptoms of Covid-19 or have been asked to self isolate not to visit the zoo.
- We are following UK Government guidelines and may be amending these measures as and when the guidelines change
We'd like to thank you in advance for your understanding and we have plenty of staff on hand to answer any questions and reassure any worries.
Notwithstanding open spaces such as our Zoo are low risk for the transmission of Covid-19, there remains an inherent risk of exposure in any public place where people are present which cannot be entirely eliminated. Covid-19 is a contagious disease that can lead to severe illness and death. Consequently, it is imperative that all those visiting the Zoo behave responsibly and respect the measures that we have put in place. Please do not visit the Zoo if you are experiencing symptoms of Covid-19 or have any underlying health conditions or are otherwise vulnerable in any way that may put you at risk.
In the absence of any negligence or breach of duty by us, visiting the Zoo is entirely at your risk.