Grant Leisure Group Ltd (GLG) is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (prior to 25th May 2018), the General Data Protection Regulation (on or after 25th May 2018) (GDPR) and any other data protection legislation in force in the United Kingdom from time to time, the data controller is Grant Leisure Group Limited (GLG), Blackpool Zoo, East Park Drive, Blackpool, Lancashire, FY3 8PP.
http://www.blackpoolzoo.org.uk (the site) is a site operated by GLG, a limited company incorporated in England and Wales with company number 01679912 whose registered office is at Blackpool Zoo, East Park Drive, Blackpool, Lancashire, FY3 8PP. GLG’s VAT number is 916 329 715.
Information GLG may collect from you
GLG may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information you give to GLG. You may give GLG information about you by purchasing tickets through or filling in forms on the site, by completing forms or providing information in person at Blackpool Zoo itself or by corresponding with GLG by phone, e-mail or otherwise. The information you give GLG may include your name, address, e-mail address, phone number, financial and credit card information or other factual information about yourself which you provide when you purchase entry or experience tickets or gift vouchers either on the site or at Blackpool Zoo, complete a membership pack or make enquiries to become a member of Blackpool Zoo, you complete the necessary forms in order to adopt an animal, you book a party at Blackpool Zoo, you apply for or take a job at Blackpool Zoo, you participate in discussion boards or other social media functions including signing up to GLG’s newsletter, you enter a competition, promotion or survey, or when you report a problem to GLG.
- Information GLG collects about you. GLG may also automatically collect the following information about you when you use the site:
- technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform;
- information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from the site (including date and time), products you viewed or searched for, page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page.
- Information GLG receives from other sources. GLG may receive information about you if you use any of the other websites GLG operates or the other services GLG provides. GLG are also working closely with third parties (including, for example, business partners, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers) and may receive information about you from them.
It is important that the personal data GLG holds about you is accurate and current. Please keep GLG informed if your personal data changes during your relationship with them.
Uses made of the information
GLG uses information held about you in the following ways:
- Information you give to GLG. GLG will use this information:
- to provide you with the information that you request from GLG;
- where GLG needs to perform the contract you are about to enter into with them or that they have already entered into with you.
- where it is necessary for GLG’s legitimate interests (or those of a third party) and your interests and fundamental rights do not override those interests.
- where GLG needs to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation.
Generally GLG does not rely on consent as a legal basis for processing your personal data other than in relation to sending third party direct marketing communications to you via email or text message. You will receive marketing communications from GLG if you have requested information from GLG or purchased tickets, memberships or other goods from GLG or if you provided GLG with your details when you entered a competition or registered for a promotion and, in each case, you have not opted out of receiving that marketing.
- Information GLG collects about you on the site. GLG will use this information:
- to administer the site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to improve the site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of GLG’s service, when you choose to do so;
- as part of GLG’s efforts to keep the site safe and secure; and
- to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising GLG serves to you and others.
- Information GLG receives from other sources. GLG may combine this information with information you give to GLG and information it collects about you. GLG may use this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information GLG receives).
- Failure to provide personal information. Where GLG requires personal information in order to be able to enter into a contract with you, or to perform a contract, your failure to supply the information will prevent the effecting or performance of the contract and GLG will have no liability for any loss which results from the failure to supply the required data.
- How long GLG will hold the information. GLG only retain your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes it collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements To determine the appropriate retention period for personal data, GLG considers the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the personal data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure of your personal data, the purposes for which GLG processes your personal data and whether GLG can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements.
Disclosure of your information
GLG may have to share your personal information with other companies within the GLG group who are based in the UK and Spain.
You agree that GLG may share your information with selected third parties including:
- Service providers based in the UK or Spain who provide IT and system administration services;
- Professional advisors including lawyers, bankers, auditors and insurers based in the UK or Spain;
- HM Revenue & Customs, regulators and other authorities based in the UK or Spain; or
- Third parties to whom GLG (or any other group company of GLG) chooses to sell, transfer, or merge parts of its business or assets. Alternatively, GLG may seek to acquire other businesses or merge with them. If a change happens to GLG’s business, then the new owners may use your personal data in the same way as set out in this privacy notice
GLG requires all third parties to respect the security of your personal data and to treat it in accordance with the law. GLG does not allow its third-party service providers to use your personal data for their own purposes and only permit them to process your personal data for specified purposes and in accordance with GLG’s instructions.
Where GLG stores your personal data
All information you provide to GLG will be securely stored either electrically on its secure servers (including but not limited to web and email servers), in the cloud (via a credible third party cloud storage partner), within GLG’s’ accounting software, by any of GLG’s business partners, suppliers, sub-contractors or other companies within GLG’s group in connection with the performance of any contract GLG enters into with you or in hard copy paper format. It is likely that your data will be transferred to GLG’s parent company, Parques Reunidos Servicios Centrales S.A. to be stored on its servers in Spain.
If in the future your personal data is transferred by GLG outside the EEA for processing or storage, GLG will ensure that any such transfer is made in accordance with the requirements of the Data Protection Act 1998 (prior to 25th May 2018) or the GDPR (on or after 25th May 2018) as applicable.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although GLG will do its best to protect your personal data, GLG cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to the site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once GLG have received your information, GLG will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
You have the right to make a complaint at any time to the Information Commissioner's Office (ICO), the UK supervisory authority for data protection issues (www.ico.org.uk). GLG would, however, appreciate the chance to deal with your concerns before you approach the ICO so please contact GLG in the first instance.
You have the right to ask GLG not to process your personal data for marketing purposes or any other purposes at any time. GLG will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if it intends to use your data for such purposes or if it intends to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent the processing of data for marketing purposes by refusing to provide consent on the forms GLG uses to collect your data. Where you have previously provided consent to receive marketing material from GLG, you can also exercise the right to withdraw consent at any time by contacting GLG at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of GLG’s partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that GLG does not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Access to information
The Data Protection Act 1998 (prior to 25th May 2018) and the GDPR (on or after 25th May 2018) gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the DP Law.
The GDPR gives you the right to require your personal data held by GLG to be rectified if it is inaccurate or incomplete. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with procedures stated in the GDPR.
The GDPR gives you the right to ask GLG to delete or remove personal data where there is no good reason for GLG continuing to process it. You also have the right to ask GLG to delete or remove your personal data where you have successfully exercised your right to object to processing (see below), where GLG may have processed your information unlawfully or where GLG are required to erase your personal data to comply with local law. Note, however, that GLG may not always be able to comply with your request of erasure for specific legal reasons which will be notified to you, if applicable, at the time of your request.
The GDPR gives you the right to obtain and relocate your personal data held by GLG to another IT environment. If you notify GLG that you wish to exercise this right, GLG will arrange the transfer in machine readable form to another IT environment within one month if it is technically possible, or within two months if the transfer is complex or if there have been multiple requests.
Restriction on Processing
The GDPR gives you the right to ask GLG to suspend the processing of your personal data in the following scenarios: (a) if you want GLG to establish the data's accuracy; (b) where GLG’s use of the data is unlawful but you do not want GLG to erase it; (c) where you need GLG to hold the data even if GLG no longer require it as you need it to establish, exercise or defend legal claims; or (d) you have objected to GLG’s use of your data but GLG will need to verify whether it has overriding legitimate grounds to use it.
Objecting to Processing
The GDPR allows you to object to the processing of your personal data where GLG are relying on a legitimate interest (or those of a third party) and there is something about your particular situation which makes you want to object to processing on this ground as you feel it impacts on your fundamental rights and freedoms. You also have the right to object where GLG are processing your personal data for direct marketing purposes. In some cases, GLG may demonstrate that it has compelling legitimate grounds to process your information which override your rights and freedoms.
Automated decision making
You also have the right under the GDPR in some circumstances not to be the subject of a decision based on automated processing or profiling which produces a legal effect or other significant effect on you. If you wish to exercise this right, you should make an objection in accordance with the provisions of the GDPR.
No fee usually required
You will not have to pay a fee to access your personal data (or to exercise any of the other rights). However, GLG may charge a reasonable fee if your request is clearly unfounded, repetitive or excessive. Alternatively, GLG may refuse to comply with your request in these circumstances.
Time limit to respond
GLG try to respond to all legitimate requests within one month. Occasionally it may take GLG longer than a month if your request is particularly complex or you have made a number of requests. In this case, GLG will notify you and keep you updated.