To help you make the most of your visit, we've put together a few terms to help you plan your day.
- Admission Terms
- Online Ticket Terms
- Membership Terms
- Animal Experience Terms
- Complaints Procedure
- Health, Safety & Security Statement
- Anyone wishing to gain entry to the zoo must have a valid ticket, membership or prior authorisation. Contractors or business visitors must sign in at Reception prior to entering the zoo.
- We reserve the right to refuse entry to, eject or ban individuals or groups without refund for :
- Attempting to gain access without a valid ticket, membership or prior authorisation
- Using threatening, foul or abusive behaviour and giving reason to believe the ambience, safety or general enjoyment of the attraction or visitors may be compromised in any way
- Being in possession of offensive weapons or dangerous items
- Not adhering to written or verbal health and safety instructions
- Feeding any of the animals, outside of zoo organised feeding sessions
- Being under the influence of alcohol, illegal drugs or other substances
- We reserve the right, if deemed necessary, to search any visitor or their belongings.
- We do not allow any animals to be brought into the zoo – guide dogs or assistance dogs can be looked after by our team – please go to reception on arrival and this will be arranged.
- For the health and safety of all our visitors and staff, we do not allow any of the following to be brought into the zoo:
- Children’s scooters
- Roller skates or blades
- We do allow child ride-along equipment with adult-controlled steering.
- Please be aware, bicycles and vehicles may be used by our staff going about their duties.
- Car Parking is charged at £2.50 per day, including disabled bays. Vehicles are parked at the owners’ risk.
- Re-entry to the zoo on the same day of your visit is allowed - hand stamps are available at admissions – you will need to show your stamp along with your receipt for re-entry on the same day.
- Clothing that we deem to be offensive to other visitors must be removed or covered whilst in the zoo. Footwear and tops must be worn at all times.
- Promotional vouchers may not be used in conjunction with any other offer and we reserve the right to refuse promotional vouchers without providing a reason.
- We accept Tesco Clubcard Days Out Vouchers only at our admission desks and against full paying adult tickets, senior, child, disabled adult, disabled child and carer tickets. We need the physical vouchers, we can't accept voucher codes.
- Visitors with pre-paid tickets (online, ticket agents, members or complimentary) can use the Fast Track till when operational.
- We reserve the right to change admission prices.
- It is our aim to have all of the zoo’s enclosures and attractions available for all visitors. However, when deemed necessary some animals may be off-show to the public, some areas restricted, some changes made to opening hours or talks / displays cancelled, all without refund or recompense.
- Photographs and videos taken by authorised visitors should be taken without obstructing or inconveniencing other visitors. Anyone found crossing barriers or entering non-public areas without prior written permission for the purposes of obtaining images will be asked to leave.
- At present considerate smoking is allowed in some areas in the zoo. Smoking is not permitted in any buildings, on the café terrace, BBQ patio, Nawala seating area, by children’s play areas, at talks and displays or in the Bird / Sea Lion Arena.
- When in operation and when asked to by staff, visitors must leave buggies, prams and pushchairs in marked pram parking areas. Personal belongings are left at your own risk.
Adult - aged 16 – 59 years
Senior - aged 60 years +
Student - must show valid student ID
Child - aged 3- 15 years inclusive and must be accompanied by a responsible adult
Family - maximum of 2 adults
Disabled - must show proof of disability – DLA/PIP, blue badge or letter from GP
Carer - any adult accompanying a person with disabilities (no additional proof required)
Group - pre-booked with minimum 15 people
Under 3s - Children aged 2 years and under are admitted free of charge to the zoo (and do not require a ticket)
- The online prices 'from' stated in the above column, are 'Super Price Days' booked at least 7 days in advance - click on the calendar to find out when 'Super Price Days' are available
- Tickets must be purchased before 11.00pm to qualify for that day's discount prices
- Open day online tickets are valid from the day after purchase and expire on 31st December (of the year of purchase)
- Online tickets are non-refundable and non date transferable.
The terms and conditions under which the membership is offered are listed below:
- The membership types detailed here are they only options of Membership that we offer
- Family memberships have a maximum 2 adults.
- Child memberships can only be purchased with an adult membership.
- Members, when visiting as part of a group or school visit, must pay group or school rate.
- If a car park pass has two car registrations, it can only be used in one car at one time, however an additional pass can be purchased at £5.00. If you forget your car park pass, you will be charged the £2.50 day rate.
- 2019 Membership runs from the date of purchase until 31st December 2019. 2020 Membership runs from the date of purchase until 31st December 2020.
- Memberships and membership cards are non-transferable.
- Misuse of memberships and membership cards may result in the membership being terminated.
- Cards must be shown to gain any member discounts.
- Replacement membership cards and car park passes will only be issued on production of photographic proof of identity, such as a driving licence or passport and will incur an admin fee of £5.00.
- Free entrance to the zoo will not be allowed without a valid membership card. If you forget your card you will be charged an admin fee of £2.50 per member, at our Reception for validating and allowing entry.
- Any change of address must be notified in writing either by post or email: email@example.com.
- Under 3’s are free of charge. Any child of a current member reaching their third birthday will be charged a full day admission or a membership may be purchased on a pro-rata basis.
- There are no short term memberships (except children turning three) or pro-rata refunds should you wish to terminate a membership prior to expiry.
- Blackpool Zoo is open 364 days a year. If we are forced to close due to circumstances beyond our control, we regret membership cannot be extended or money refunded.
- Member benefits are reviewed annually and are subject to change.
- If available, any renewal price and associated benefits are offered subject to membership being renewed prior to expiry.
- Blackpool Zoo reserves the right to refuse admission and revoke a membership for any reason considered necessary.
- Discounts cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer. Catering discounts do not apply in the Playbarn cafe.
- The stated duration of any experience is approximate and may differ slightly on the day of your experience.
- Blackpool Zoo reserve the right to cancel or amend an Animal Experience if deemed necessary due to animal welfare, health issues or unforseen circumstances.
- Participants must listen to and follow all instructions from the Keepers. Blackpool Zoo reserve the right to end any Animal Experience if a participant is deemed to be putting a person, animal or property at risk.
- Whilst every effort is made to accommodate everyone, regrettably some of our Animal Experiences are not suitable for certain visitors: suitable experiences for pregnant women and immuno-supressed visitors are Feed a Giraffe, Aardvark Adventure or Tickle a Tapir. Visitors with disabilities can participate in the Assisted Keeper Experience.
- All Animal Experiences are non-refundable, so please carefully check eligibilty if purchasing as a gift, availability if you require certain dates and all other terms before you purchase.
- Full payment must be made when purchasing the Animal Experience.
- Bookings are made on a first come first served basis. Once booked, you will receive confirmation and full health and safety instructions.
- For date changes up to 4 weeks before the date, a £20 admin fee will be incurred.
- No changes to dates are allowed less than 4 weeks before the experience.
We aim to provide an excellent standard of customer care, creating a warm and friendly environment which will ensure our visitors get the best experience during their visit.
We acknowledge that occasionally things can go wrong, leading to visitors wanting to make a complaint and we welcome this feedback as we can review and adjust our operation to better suit the needs of our visitors.
It is usually best to resolve the complaint at the time by speaking to one of our members of staff. If they are not the right person for you to speak with they will be able to contact the relevant person for you and there is always a Duty Manager available.
If you are unable to make a complaint at the time, please contact us as soon as possible, detailing the following information:
- Proof of visit
- Date and time of visit
- Name or description of any member(s) of staff spoken to or involved
- Nature of the complaint (including time and location within the zoo if applicable)
You can contact us by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by post to Blackpool Zoo, East Park Drive, Blackpool, Lancashire, FY3 8PP.
The sooner you can get in touch with us, the sooner we’ll be able to help you. We aim to resolve complaints within 14 days of receiving them.
Blackpool Zoo recognises its responsibility to provide for all staff, visitors, contractors and volunteers, a safe environment where they will be offered a reasonable degree of protection. We shall conduct our business dealings so that we continually improve our health, safety and security performance.
Since Blackpool Zoo began operating in 1972, we have developed and regularly review policies, procedures and risk assessments for the safe operation of the zoo. These practices ensure that we offer a high standard of safety and that we meet all British and European Regulations.
Blackpool Zoo shall ensure that an adequate control of health, safety and security risk is in place for all our staff, visitors, contractors and volunteers, arising from all work activities and from the proximity to animal exhibits. Careful application and monitoring of our policies and procedures will assist us in this respect.
We are a member of BIAZA (British and Irish Association of Zoos and Aquariums) and have representation on their Health and Safety Committee. We are also a member of EAZA (European Association of Zoos and Aquariums). These Committees seek to develop new standards, guidance and innovations for the sector, share lessons learned and facilitate collaboration between its members and other important stakeholders, including regulatory authorities.
One of the primary aims of Blackpool Zoo is to deliver a safe and enjoyable experience for our visitors.