To help you make the most of your visit, we've put together a few terms to help you plan your day.
- Admission Terms
- Online Ticket Terms
- Membership Terms
- Animal Experience Terms
- Complaints Procedure
- Health, Safety & Security Statement
COVID19 Changes and Restrictions
- We kindly request that you ensure you are in good health condition before visiting the Zoo. Visitors who have been in contact with a person infected with Covid-19 in the last 14 days or show symptoms of Covid-19, or have been identified by track and trace, must postpone their visit to the Zoo and follow latest UK Government regulations regarding self-isolation. We recommend you do not to visit the Zoo if you or anyone who lives with you is in the high risk or vulnerable category.
- Online purchase of entry tickets in advance will be the primary method for purchasing a ticket. On site sales will be limited and subject to availability.
- Visitors purchasing a ticket online (subject to availability) will be required to show a valid ticket for the date of visit upon arrival.
- Members wanting to visit before 1pm on weekends or in the school holidays, will be required to book their visit in advance online subject to availability. They will be required to show their valid pass and valid reservation to access the Zoo.
- Tesco Clubcard vouchers and holders of complimentary tickets will be required to book their visit in advance online subject to availability. Please book a 'Pre-Paid Ticket' for each person in your group at £0 charge for the date you'd like to visit (this is the last option on the ticket booking page). For Tesco Clubcard Vouchers users, bring your online confirmation along with your Tesco Clubcard voucher on the day of your visit and payment will be taken on arrival. Vouchers can only be used against full priced individual tickets (not family tickets). Our prices do vary so we recommend checking the price a few days before your arrival and if the vouchers are for part payment, you can pay the balance with card or cash.
- Some areas of the Zoo will be closed. Please see below for a full list of these.
- It is not mandatory to wear a face mask/covering outdoors during your visit; however it is strongly recommended to wear them in all indoor areas. Our staff will be wearing face mask/coverings.
- Card payments will be the primary payment method available and we strongly encourage contactless payment for all purchases up to £45.
- It is recommended to use disinfection and sanitation products before entering the Zoo and at regular intervals during your visit. Hand sanitizers and hand washing facilities will be available throughout the Zoo and be clearly identifiable along with instructions on the correct use.
- Please respect other visitors and keep, at least, 1m from other visitors who are not part of your household or support bubble throughout your stay. Our Zoo area is large and spacious which means there is enough space for all visitors to keep a respectful social distance.
- One way routes have been installed where necessary to maintain social distancing and you must follow them where indicated.
- You may be required to queue for a while to access the Zoo initially and some popular exhibits and attractions where we need to limit capacity.
- Should you feel unwell during your visit, with symptoms compatible with Covid-19, please avoid contact with other visitors and seek immediate medical attention.
- Always carry tissues and use them to catch any cough or sneeze. Please dispose of the tissue immediately in one of our waste bins and clean your hands as soon as possible thereafter. If you do not have a tissue please sneeze or cough into your elbow.
- Please respect in all instances, instructions from Zoo personnel and obey all written and oral warnings. Visitors who do not comply with these rules may be ejected from the Zoo without refund. We will not tolerate and verbal or physical abuse to our staff members or other visitors.
- All indoor viewing areas are open from 17th May 2021.
- The catering offer is a reduced menu with limited indoor seating and plenty of external seating areas.
- The talks and feeds daily programme remains suspended.
- There will be no education programs, group visits, tours or keeper experiences available initially.
- All indoor play equipment including the Playbarn will be closed.
- Lemur Wood remains closed.
- The train, inflatables, rides, mini golf, some games and additional activities such as face painting will not be available.
- Anyone wishing to gain entry to the zoo must have a valid ticket, membership or prior authorisation. Contractors or business visitors must sign in at Visitor Services prior to entering the zoo.
- We reserve the right to refuse entry to, eject or ban individuals or groups without refund for :
- Attempting to gain access without a valid ticket, membership or prior authorisation
- Using threatening, foul or abusive behaviour and giving reason to believe the ambience, safety or general enjoyment of the attraction or visitors may be compromised in any way
- Being in possession of offensive weapons or dangerous items
- Not adhering to written or verbal health and safety instructions
- Feeding any of the animals, outside of zoo organised feeding sessions
- Being under the influence of alcohol, illegal drugs or other substances
- We reserve the right, if deemed necessary, to search any visitor or their belongings.
- We do not allow any animals to be brought into the zoo – guide dogs or assistance dogs can be looked after by our team – please go to reception on arrival and this will be arranged.
- For the health and safety of all our visitors and staff, we do not allow any of the following to be brought into the zoo:
- Children’s scooters
- Roller skates or blades
- We do allow child ride-along equipment with adult-controlled steering (not remote controlled).
- Please be aware, bicycles and vehicles may be used by our staff going about their duties.
- Car Parking is charged at £3.00 per day, including disabled bays. Vehicles are parked at the owners’ risk.
- Re-entry to the zoo on the same day of your visit is allowed - hand stamps are available at admissions – you will need to show your stamp along with your receipt for re-entry on the same day.
- Clothing that we deem to be offensive to other visitors must be removed or covered whilst in the zoo. Footwear and tops must be worn at all times.
- Promotional vouchers may not be used in conjunction with any other offer and we reserve the right to refuse promotional vouchers without providing a reason.
- We accept Tesco Clubcard Vouchers against full paying adult tickets, senior, child, disabled adult, disabled child and carer tickets (not on family tickets).
- Visitors with pre-paid tickets (online, members or complimentary) can use the Fast Track till when operational.
- We reserve the right to change admission prices.
- It is our aim to have all of the zoo’s enclosures and attractions available for all visitors. However, when deemed necessary some animals may be off-show to the public, some areas restricted, some changes made to opening hours or talks / displays cancelled, all without refund or recompense.
- Photographs and videos taken by authorised visitors should be taken without obstructing or inconveniencing other visitors. Anyone found crossing barriers or entering non-public areas without prior written permission for the purposes of obtaining images will be asked to leave.
- At present considerate smoking is allowed in some areas in the zoo. Smoking is not permitted in any buildings, on the café terrace, BBQ patio, Nawala seating area, by children’s play areas, at talks and displays or in the Bird / Sea Lion Arena.
- When in operation and when asked to by staff, visitors must leave buggies, prams and pushchairs in marked pram parking areas. Personal belongings are left at your own risk.
Adult - aged 16 – 59 years
Senior - aged 60 years +
Student - must show valid student ID
Child - aged 3- 15 years inclusive and must be accompanied by a responsible adult
Family - maximum of 2 adults
Disabled - must show proof of disability – DLA/PIP, blue badge, Access Card or letter from GP
Carer - any adult accompanying a person with disabilities (no additional proof required)
Group - pre-booked with minimum 15 people
Under 3s - Children aged 2 years and under are admitted free of charge to the zoo (and do not require a ticket)
- The online prices 'from' stated in the above column, are 'Super Price Days' booked at least 7 days in advance - click on the calendar to find out when 'Super Price Days' are available
- Online tickets are non-refundable and non date transferable.
- We are unable to refund any tickets in the event of adverse weather conditions or any other unforeseeable events which are beyond our reasonable control.
The terms and conditions under which the membership is offered are listed below:
- The membership types detailed here are they only options of Membership that we offer
- Family memberships have a maximum 2 adults.
- Child memberships can only be purchased with an adult membership.
- Members, when visiting as part of a group or school visit, must pay group or school rate.
- If a car park pass has two car registrations, it can only be used in one car at one time, however an additional pass can be purchased at £5.00. If you forget your car park pass, you will be charged the £3.00 day rate.
- 2021 Memberships are valid until April 2022 to reflect the zoo's 2021 closure.
- 2022 Memberships are valid from the day of purchase until 31.12.22.
- Memberships and membership cards are non-transferable.
- Misuse of memberships and membership cards may result in the membership being terminated.
- Cards must be shown to gain any member discounts.
- Replacement membership cards and car park passes will only be issued on production of photographic proof of identity, such as a driving licence or passport and will incur an admin fee of £5.00.
- Free entrance to the zoo will not be allowed without a valid membership card. If you forget your card you will be charged an admin fee of £2.50 per member, at our Reception for validating and allowing entry.
- Any change of address must be notified in writing either by post or email: email@example.com.
- Under 3’s are free of charge. Any child of a current member reaching their third birthday will be charged a full day admission or a membership may be purchased on a pro-rata basis.
- There are no short term memberships (except children turning three) or pro-rata refunds should you wish to terminate a membership prior to expiry.
- Blackpool Zoo is open 364 days a year. If we are forced to close due to circumstances beyond our control, we regret membership cannot be extended or money refunded.
- Member benefits are reviewed annually and are subject to change.
- If available, any renewal price and associated benefits are offered subject to membership being renewed prior to expiry.
- Blackpool Zoo reserves the right to refuse admission and revoke a membership for any reason considered necessary.
- Discounts cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer. Catering discounts do not apply in the Playbarn cafe.
- The stated duration of any experience is approximate and may differ slightly on the day of your experience.
- Blackpool Zoo reserve the right to cancel or amend an Animal Experience if deemed necessary due to animal welfare, health issues or unforseen circumstances.
- Participants must listen to and follow all instructions from the Keepers. Blackpool Zoo reserve the right to end any Animal Experience if a participant is deemed to be putting a person, animal or property at risk.
- Whilst every effort is made to accommodate everyone, regrettably some of our Animal Experiences are not suitable for certain visitors: suitable experiences for pregnant women and immuno-supressed visitors are Feed a Giraffe, Aardvark Adventure or Tickle a Tapir. Visitors with disabilities can participate in the Assisted Keeper Experience.
- All Animal Experiences are non-refundable, so please carefully check eligibilty if purchasing as a gift, availability if you require certain dates and all other terms before you purchase.
- Full payment must be made when purchasing the Animal Experience.
- Bookings are made on a first come first served basis. Once booked, you will receive confirmation and full health and safety instructions.
- For date changes up to 4 weeks before the date, a £20 admin fee will be incurred.
- No changes to dates are allowed less than 4 weeks before the experience.
We aim to provide an excellent standard of customer care, creating a warm and friendly environment which will ensure our visitors get the best experience during their visit.
We acknowledge that occasionally things can go wrong, leading to visitors wanting to make a complaint and we welcome this feedback as we can review and adjust our operation to better suit the needs of our visitors.
It is usually best to resolve the complaint at the time by speaking to one of our members of staff. If they are not the right person for you to speak with they will be able to contact the relevant person for you and there is always a Duty Manager available.
If you are unable to make a complaint at the time, please contact us as soon as possible, detailing the following information:
- Proof of visit
- Date and time of visit
- Name or description of any member(s) of staff spoken to or involved
- Nature of the complaint (including time and location within the zoo if applicable)
You can contact us by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by post to Blackpool Zoo, East Park Drive, Blackpool, Lancashire, FY3 8PP.
The sooner you can get in touch with us, the sooner we’ll be able to help you. We aim to resolve complaints within 14 days of receiving them.
Blackpool Zoo recognises its responsibility to provide for all staff, visitors, contractors and volunteers, a safe environment where they will be offered a reasonable degree of protection. We shall conduct our business dealings so that we continually improve our health, safety and security performance.
Since Blackpool Zoo began operating in 1972, we have developed and regularly review policies, procedures and risk assessments for the safe operation of the zoo. These practices ensure that we offer a high standard of safety and that we meet all British and European Regulations.
Blackpool Zoo shall ensure that an adequate control of health, safety and security risk is in place for all our staff, visitors, contractors and volunteers, arising from all work activities and from the proximity to animal exhibits. Careful application and monitoring of our policies and procedures will assist us in this respect.
We are a member of BIAZA (British and Irish Association of Zoos and Aquariums) and have representation on their Health and Safety Committee. We are also a member of EAZA (European Association of Zoos and Aquariums). These Committees seek to develop new standards, guidance and innovations for the sector, share lessons learned and facilitate collaboration between its members and other important stakeholders, including regulatory authorities.
One of the primary aims of Blackpool Zoo is to deliver a safe and enjoyable experience for our visitors.