Here at Blackpool Zoo, we welcome all our visitors and try to make your day out the very best we can. We are aware that some of our visitors may have additional needs, but we want to make your visit just as memorable.
- Dedicated car parking spaces. (Please note the car park is pay and display at £2.50 for the day)
- Wheelchairs are available for free loan from Reception (just before the main building doors) for a £10.00 refundable deposit.
- We don’t hire out mobility scooters ourselves, but, if you telephone 01253 405457, you can make arrangements to have one delivered and collected to suit your needs.
- We do ask for proof of disability on admission as we offer discounted prices. This could be evidence of PIPS, your blue badge or a letter from your GP. Please don’t be offended by our staff asking – some disabilities are not visible and we try to treat all our visitors the same.
- Disabled toilet facilities are available throughout the site, and a room for more personal care is located in Reception in the main entrance building.
- A mobile hoist and changing table is available in Reception (main entrance building) for use by adults and other children. Your own sling is required.
- Unfortunately, we are unable to allow assistance dogs on site due to animal health restrictions, but our office staff are all dog lovers and happy to enjoy their company for the duration of your visit.
If you would like more detailed information, please look through our full Access Statement.