Talk to the animals this Easter
From the tallest to the smallest and the funniest to the most ferocious, Blackpool Zoo is giving visitors the chance to get up close and personal with its residents this Easter. Hand feeding majestic giraffes, flying a beautiful barn owl and meet and greets with comical sea lions are all available to book from Saturday 5th to Tuesday 22nd April.
The zoo’s Children’s farm will also be a hive of exciting activities during the Easter break with animal handling, farm feeds, egg painting, badge making, colouring competitions and Pole to Pole campaign conservation talks all on offer. There will also be a fabulous ‘Find the Flamingo trail’ and plenty of opportunities to get hands on with the creepiest of crawlies in the zoo’s neighbouring indoor Play Barn.
Fence feeding stunning tigers, tickling tapirs and coming face to face with cute little lemurs are available all year round and must be pre-booked in advance.
Jude Rothwell, PR and Marketing Co-ordinator at Blackpool Zoo, said: "Easter is a very special time here at Blackpool Zoo, with holiday makers from across the UK and beyond all coming to our fabulous resort for their first break of the year. Each year we strive to offer more and more to make every visit to Blackpool Zoo new and exciting and our animal encounters have been growing in popularity since they were launched two years ago. Our new Fly A Barn Owl experience is set to be very popular with people already enquiring about it.
"This season really is set to be our best yet with the completion of our state of the art Orang-utan house later in Spring and the hugely anticipated return of our Orang family. We look forward to welcoming everyone to Blackpool Zoo this Easter."
Times and prices
- Giraffe feeds: Every day at 12.45pm and 2.30pm – tickets cost £10 from Amazonia Gift Shop
- Fly a barn owl: Every day after 1.30pm and 3.00pm bird displays – tickets cost £10 from Amazonia Gift Shop
- Sea lion meet and greets: Every day after 12.00pm and 2.15pm displays and 4.00pm training session – tickets cost from £10 from Amazonia Gift shop
- Playbarn creepy crawly sessions: Mondays and Fridays at 4pm – Free – no need to book
- Children’s Farm activities: Everyday 11.00am – 12.30pm and 2.00pm – 4.00pm – Free – no need to book
- Big cat experience including feeding, cleaning our enclosure and behind the scenes tour: Must be pre-booked – more information on the website – tickets cost £110 for one person
- Meet the lemurs, tapirs or aardvarks –Must be pre-booked – more information on the website – tickets cost £60 for one person for 30 minute experience
Please note: Age restrictions apply to some experience – more details of these and other animal experiences, including sea lion training, bird training and keeper for the day can be found at www.blackpoolzoo.org.uk.
- Previous news
- Next news