Due to the situation with COVID-19 we have taken the decision to suspend all sales and bookings of Animal Experiences at this time. If you have a current booking, you will be contacted if it needs to be postponed. Please keep checking back as we will open sales again once we have capacity to take new bookings, this will be later in the year.
For anyone with a currently unbooked voucher, we will be looking to extend your expiry date once we are accepting bookings again. Further information will be emailed to you when you are able to book again. Thank you for your understanding.
Delve a little deeper as you head behind the scenes with an expert guide and see what it takes to care for animals from all around the world.
Muck in with the mucking out, help prepare and hand deliver healthy lunches and get up close and personal as you meet some of our friendliest residents.
When you come to book your experience, you'll have three options to choose from - each exploring a different habitat and it's unique residents.
- African Plains
From the Savannah to the Serengeti, this experience will include close encounters with a whole host of African Animals. Your experience will involve working with a selection of the following - zebra, bongo, meerkats, giraffes & aardvarks.
- Jungles & Rainforests
From dense jungle to tropical rainforests, meet the creatures that thrive in these exotic environments. Your experience will involve working with a selection of the following - tapirs, lemurs, parrots & anteaters.
- Oceans & Deserts
From the depths of the ocean to the arid deserts, you’ll be learning about the incredible creatures that can survive in these opposing habitats. Your experience will involve working with a selection of the following - sea lions, penguins, pelicans, flamingos, camels & meerkats.
We only accept one booking per slot, so your experience will be exclusive to you… and your friends if you can bring yourself to share!
Each experience lasts for about two hours and you will be free to enjoy the zoo for the remainder of the day. This experience includes admission into the zoo and you’ll also get a complimentary car park pass, certificate and a Blackpool Zoo Souvenir.
Keeper Experience - Specific Terms & Conditions
- You must be at least 8 years old to participate in this experience.
- Anyone under the age of 16 must be accompanied by an adult. Each child can be accompanied by a non-participating adult at no additional charge, however if you would like to take part in the experience, you must be a paying additional participant.
- There must be no more than 1 child per adult.
- Maximum 4 people per experience (this includes non-participating adults).
- Non-participating adults are only available with participants under the age of 16.
- Unfortunately, this experience is not suitable for pregnant women.
- For visitors with disabilities – Please check here for specific details regarding accessibility.
- Because nature is unpredictable and the welfare of our animals is paramount, routines and itineraries may be adjusted without notice
- Please click here for full terms and conditions for all Animal Experiences.
Option 1 - Book a Date
Already got a date in mind? You can book and pay for your experience online.
Option 2 - Buy as a Gift
If you're looking to buy this experience as a gift for someone special, you can purchase an undated gift voucher and let them choose their own date.