Come face to trunk with one of our magnificent Asian elephants during our brand-new Elephant Encounter.
Join our expert elephant keepers behind the scenes at Project Elephant Base Camp and witness first-hand how well trained the herd are. You’ll have the opportunity to find out what an elephant’s skin really feels like before hand-feeding one of the girls a tasty snack.
There will be a maximum of 6 people taking part at any one time. All activities are done through a protective barrier and you will not be in the same enclosed area as the elephant at any time during the experience.
Each experience lasts for about half an hour and you will be free to enjoy the zoo for the remainder of the day. This experience includes admission into the zoo and you’ll also get a complimentary car park pass and certificate.
Specific Terms & Conditions
- You must be at least 12 years old to participate in this experience.
- Anyone under the age of 16 must be accompanied by a paying adult participant.
- Maximum 2 participants per experience.
- There will be a maximum of 6 people taking part at any one time.
- Unfortunately, this experience is not suitable for wheelchair users, pregnant women or people with epilepsy.
Please click here for full terms and conditions for all Animal Experiences.
Option 1 - Book a Date
Already got a date in mind? You can book and pay for your experience online. Please note - Spaces are available starting from April 2020.
Option 2 - Buy as a Gift
If you're looking to buy this experience as a gift for someone special, you can purchase an undated gift voucher and let them choose their own date.